Jeff grew up in Bryan, Texas, and was valedictorian of the Bryan High School Class of 1990. Jeff attended Harvard University, and returned to the Brazos Valley where he graduated summa cum laude from Texas A&M University with a bachelor’s degree in accounting. After graduating, Jeff attended the University of Texas Law School, where he served on the Law Review and was selected to be in the Chancellor’s Honor Society. He graduated in 1998 with high honors. After law school, Jeff practiced law with Locke, Liddell & Sapp in Houston.
Jeff and his wife, Deanna, moved back to College Station in 2005, and Jeff has been with The Ellison Firm since November 2005. His practice areas include estate planning and probate, real estate, entity formation, trust and fiduciary matters, asset protection planning, and general business transactions. Jeff is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Jeff and Deanna have two sons, Will and Reid. Jeff enjoys sports with his children, hunting, camping, gardening, and watching Texas A&M athletics.
- Bryan High School, valedictorian, 1990
- Harvard University
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A. Accounting, summa cum laude, 1994
- University of Texas Law School, J.D., high honors, 1998
- Advisory Committee for Estate Planning and Probate Specialization, State Bar of Texas Board of Legal Specialization (2007-2013)
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas, 1998
- Associate attorney, Locke Liddell & Sapp, 1998-2005
- Accountant, Arthur Andersen & Co., 1994
- Member, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- Brazos County Bar Association
- College Station ISD School Board, 2010-2019
- President, Board of Trustees, 2018-2019
- Vice President, Board of Trustees, 2015-2017
- Secretary, Board of Trustees, 2012-2015
- Member, Community Foundation of the Brazos Valley, 2006-2013
- Board of Trustees Chairman, 2010-2011
- Board of Trustees, CSISD Education Foundation, 2007-2013
- Member, Christ United Methodist Church, 2005-Present