Brian grew up in Bryan, Texas, and graduated from Bryan High School in 2000. Brian attended Texas A&M University where he graduated summa cum laude with bachelor’s degrees in finance and management. After college, Brian attended and obtained his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law. Upon graduating, Brian practiced law in Houston and Dallas with, among other law firms, Vinson & Elkins LLP and Locke Lord LLP. Brian and his wife, Ashlie, who also grew up in Bryan and attended Texas A&M University, moved back to Bryan-College Station in 2020 to join The Ellison Firm and to be closer to family.
Brian has experience in a wide range of commercial real estate and finance transactions in the State of Texas and across the United States. His practice includes the representation of the following institutional, national, regional, local and individual clients:
- Buyers, sellers, developers and equity investors in the acquisition, disposition and development of various commercial real estate product types, including office buildings, industrial and warehouse facilities, retail centers, multi-family complexes, mixed-use facilities, hotels, single-family neighborhoods and developments, land;
- Landlords, tenants, ground lessors and ground lessees in the leasing of retail, office industrial and mixed-use projects;
- Lenders and borrowers in the financing of real estate acquisitions and other asset-secured lending transactions, including interim construction loans and permanent financing;
- Parties in negotiating easement, escrow, access/right of entry, parking, signage, confidentiality; exclusive leasing/listing, title curative, forbearance, and other real estate and finance agreements;
- Buyers and other parties in forming entities and negotiating partnership/company agreements; and
- Parties in performing due diligence, including the examination of title, land use, zoning condemnation, property condition, and other related matters with respect to real estate.
Brian and Ashlie have two sons, Garrett and Andrew. Brian enjoys watching and playing sports, traveling, hunting, fishing, and spending time with his family. Brian and Ashlie are excited to return to the Brazos Valley and look forward to serving and reengaging with the local community.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A. Finance and Management, summa cum laude, 2004
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas, 2008
- Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law, Member
- Boys & Girls Club of America, Volunteer (Dallas, Texas)
- Medrano Elementary School, Tutor (Dallas, Texas)